CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Curtain Call Colour Challenge: Act 56

Stacey has another fabulous colour challenge for you today. I loved this one and man it was a breeze putting these together. These are some of my favourite shades! These actually remind me of the first time I played with Curtain Call. Check it out here. That was one of my favourite cards. Well here is what I did with them this time.


I decided to make it a roughed up card again and used Card Patterns Sketch #90 for my layout. The dsp is from the Level 1 Hostess 6x6 In Color paper stack. Then I embossed the Whisper White cardstock with the Elegant Lines Folder. I roughed up all the edges with my scissors and sponged everything with Chocolate Chip ink. I sprayed the corners with water, scrunched them and then quickly dried them with my heat gun to set the crinkles.


My Chocolate Chip ribbon is the Satin Ribbon from the Summer Mini. You would not believe how it saddens me that there is absolutely no Chocolate Chip ribbon in the cattie. I stocked up before it was all gone. I threaded some So Saffron buttons with Linen Thread and twisted it a little each time before adhering them down.


The sentiment is from On Your Birthday. You might notice that I actually changed the shape of the Designer Label Punch a little. I wanted it to hug the words a bit tighter. More roughing up the edges with the scissors and sponging again. To top it all off I added a few butterflies from the Beautiful Wings Embosslit. I layered a few to spruce them up a bit.




The Curtain Call Crew has samples to show you today, too, so make sure you stop by to see:

Christina MacLaren at Seaglass & Sentiments
Jean Martin at Stampin' Scrapper
Julie Lacey at Stamps & Taxes
Laurel Seabrook at Seabrook Designs
Makiko Jones at MakInk Studio
Monika Davis at M.A.D. Stamper
Piali Biswas at Touch of Creation
Silke Ledlow at My Life
Teresa Kline at Enjoy the VA Sunshine

...then play along with us and post your Curtain Call Color Challenge creation using Mr. Linky back here at Stacey's Stamping Stage.

10 comments:

Teresa Kline aka va.sunshine

this is gorgeous, I luv all of the distressing!

enjoy *~*

Jean Martin

Wow Marlene this is gorgeous! I love that embossing going on there. And that ribbon treatment is just fabulous! :)

Monika/Buzsy

Gorgeous card Marlene. Love the vintage look, the butterflies... the ribbon and button treatment is perfect. :o)

Maureen

oh, what fabulous texture!!! Yummy!!

Stacey Schafer

AMAZING!

Diane - Rubber 'n Rafters

This is BEAUTIFUL..... love the colors and your design is to die for. Great job and TFS.

Jher Drover

I love it!! I love that style, the butterflies, ribbons, buttons. It's all of my faves and the colours are beautiful together. Good Job Marlene, as always...Such talent! Miss you!

Makiko Jones

This is super GORGEOUS!! Beautiful distressing and design! I love it!!

Christina

This is fabulous, Marlene! I love all of the distressed layers and the way you tied the buttons.

Agata

Lovely work! Beautiful distressing! Thanks for playing along with CP this week!

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I always appreciate feedback!