CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Paper Players #19

Jaydee at Paper Players has a beautiful photo for you to pull some colours from this week. The colours Real Red, Basic Black and Whisper White are what they are looking for. I'm up to the challenge. I haven't built up my stash Christmas cards yet and this colour combo gave me just the chance to do that.




In my eyes I went a bit of the non-traditional route with this one. If the sentiment said something else I could have very easily made this a birthday or thank you card. While speaking of sentiments you will find it funny to know that I actually can't stand this sentiment. I love the stamp! It's all swirly and beautiful but it has no meaning for me. It's Christmas and that's what I say! Merry Christmas! To one and all! Anyways it's from the hostess set Peaceful Season in the Holiday Mini. Check it out here.


You can see I dressed up the inside a bit with the same wheel the front uses. Music Notes. Being a piano teacher, it was first on my list when the new catalogue came out, however, it got lost and this is the first time I have inked it up but I love it and you will be seeing it again soon!
I also sponged the edges just like the front using Sponge Daubers and Basic Black ink.


I love this ribbon treatment. I wrapped some 5/8" Real Red Satin Ribbon around the cardstock and then tied it up with a strip of Basic Black thread I cut off a piece of 3/8" Grosgrain Ribbon. It needed a little sparkle so I added a bit bling left over from my Easter kit.

Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

TrishG

oooh, beautiful! Great job with the colors and embellishments.

LeAnne

Gorgeous as usual, Marlene---even if you don't like the saying (I know what you mean). It is beautifully done, and I can't believe that I have this paper and have never used the musical images!!!

Always Playing with Paper

GORGEOUS!!! I love it! You have created a beautiful piece of work here! I love that music wheel...I am inspired to use it more!

Diane - Rubber 'n Rafters

Beautiful! Love the music notes and the red/black/white really makes it pop.

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I always appreciate feedback!