CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, October 11, 2010

Man's 65th Birthday

My husband's coworker had a 65th birthday/retirement party and for the first time ever he specifically requested me to make a card for him to give. I've mentioned before how picky he is but I was up to his request. I used the same technique that I made my last card for Stampin' Royalty.

I started by spraying water on some Watercolour Paper and stamped the trees from Lovely As A Tree in Old Olive. Once it was dry, using my Stamp-A-Ma-Jig, I stamped over the same image in Always Artichoke. It gives a subtly blurred effect behind a crisp, clean image. I used a little dsp from Autumn Spice and added a little Very Vanilla 5/8" Satin Ribbon for a break in paper. The sentiment comes from On Your Birthday. The words at the top were broken up and had to be stamped using the Stamp-A-Ma-Jig in order to get them lined up nicely. The words at the end were mounted on the Word Window and Modern Label Punch that had to be extended to fit the words.
Thanks for stopping by. Have a great day!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I always appreciate feedback!