CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, October 4, 2010

Look Who's Turning 40!

It ain't me! But I sure can't wait to party with my sister who is turning 40! My mom ordered a BIG turning 40 card for her and ColourQ #52 had just the challenge to go with my card. It was almost a choose your own adventure kind of challenge.

They gave this sketch to follow and let us pick our own past favourite colour challenge. I chose this set of colours for the fact that my sister loves purple and these are just the colours to do the trick for this card.


I had to pull out some retired cardstock, dsp and ink to make this work but it's always fun to go back and play with some old favorites. Polka dots seemed to be a theme here with the dsp and also the Polka Dots Embossing Folder.


Just touch of 1/4" Whisper White Grosgrain Ribbon for the "40" and the Basic Rhinestones were the finishing touches.


I added just a little to the inside to dress it up a bit.


Thanks for stopping by. Have a great day!

3 comments:

Jher Drover

beautiful card..it make turning 40 worth it. :o) Happy bday to your sis!! I love Bermuda Bay, one of my fave colours.

Diane - Rubber 'n Rafters

LOVE your card for your sister. So pretty cheery and I miss all the last years IN Colors too. I am crazy about polka dots and loved those ribbons too. Wish they would have carried over...... but either way your card is beautiful.

LeAnne

Very clever....I wish I was 40 so I could get this card....but I'd be running backwards! LOL! She'll love it!

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I always appreciate feedback!