CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, October 7, 2010

I Love My Mom

My mom is the best. She is so good to me and I love her to pieces. This card is for her. I combined a few challenges to accomplish this card. The first challenge I found was Just Add Ink and they were calling for "Just add bling and pink" for pink ribbon day coming up Oct. 25th for breast cancer awareness. My mom has actually done The Weekend To End Breast Cancer Walk for the last 4 years and she has been in the top 10 to finish each year so I thought this challenge fitting for this card. The second challenge I came upon was JUGS, which is celebrating their one year anniversary as well as breast cancer awareness month with this great sketch!


These 2 definitely fit together but I threw in one more for extra colour. Pals Paper Arts 63 challenge this week is combining the colours Pear Pizazz, Peach Parfait and Melon Mambo.

Now I was set to go!



I started with one of my favourite techniques of inking up my texture plate from Kit #4. It just adds a little pop to it! Next I pulled out the stamp set Things I Love and omitted the words below each image and added a little bling to each one.

I love this Whisper White Organza Ribbon. It is definitely a go-to ribbon for me. Usually I have a tendency to layer it with another colour but I liked it just the way it was today! I chopped up the little words "but most of all" so I could put just the "...YOU!" on my ribbon for a little accent. A little more bling all over and all done. As you can see I used a ton of dimensionals for this card. I love seeing all the layers!

Have a great day!

21 comments:

Linda Callahan

Love all of this - the patterned backgound, the layers, the bling, the ribbon..........

Ann Schach

WOW! I love the texture and the bling! Just the right sketch for this stamp set and color challenge! Perfection, Marlene! Thanks for playing at Pals Paper Arts!

Christine Blain

Gorgeous card, Marlene! I love the colours, the bling, and the ribbon; it's all put together beautifully.

Nance

Marlene!!! This could not be any more perfect. It is DIVINE!

Andrea M

Beautiful card! I'm sure your Mom will love it! Great sentiments!!! Great take on the sketch :) Thanks so much for helping JUGS celebrate our anniversary!!! We sure do appreciate your support :)

LeAnne

Very sweet.....I am sure your mom will love it, too! You're a GOOD daughter! :D

Danielle Daws

What a gorgeous card! I love the richness of your colours. Thanks for playing at Just Add Ink!

alittlelessuseless

This is soooo gorgeous Marlene. Love the colours, the stamped images, and ofcourse the bling.
Thanks for playing along with JAI this week.
Gardenia

Ellen

Super cute! Crisp and clean. Love it!

Bronwyn Eastley

Oh! Gorgeous card. Love the 'bling' on the sentiment!

MadonnaDunn

Great card! I love this set!

Queenie Jeannie

Lovely!!!

Tania M. Gould

This is AWESOME! Absolutely love it! Thanks for sharing!

Robin Kirkpatrick

Wonderful card! Congratulations!

Nancy

Beautiful card, you truly deserved to win and I'm sure your Mom will love the card too.

LeAnne

Congrats on the win! I loved this card!

Ann Schach

Congrats on being named a PPA pick! Your card was beautiful!

TrishG

So cute! Love the card, it just really pops out at you. Great job with the colors and layout!

Mary Fish

Oh, my! This says perfect card to me. Love the shades of paisley and it's just the right amount of embellishing. Well deserved PPA Pick for the week! Hugs, M

Jo

Fantastic card Marlene. I'm sure your my will just love it.

Stampin' Diva

Love how you combined the colors. Congrats on being the artist pick this week. Can't wait to see you play again with us at Pals Paper Arts!

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I always appreciate feedback!