CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Anything But A Card

We had a challenge with Stampin' Royalty like this last week and boy there sure were alot of fun ideas that came out of the woodwork. Well Create With Connie & Mary 118 are asking for it this week and let me tell you the design team out did themselves with their creations. I just had to play along!
I actually made this little Christmas ornament last week for our Sea To Sky Stampers meet as my "over the top swap". The original design came from my pumpkin that I have posted here but instead of putting a chocolate in the middle like I planned, I had to step it up to make it slightly "over the top". So instead I took 6 snowflakes from the Sizzlit 4-pack and Heat and Sticked them and then covered them with Dazzling Diamonds. Next I glued them altogether to make their own separate ornament with six arms and with great care and patience starting working their way in between the arms of the outer dsp ornament. The dsp is from Jolly Holiday. I used the Tinsel from the Holiday Mini as my hook to hang it. I tied a little bow to dress it up using the 1/2" Cherry Cobbler Edge Banding. This ribbon is so soft and easy to work with. I love it!
Here is a bird's eye view. Sorry my pictures aren't better. I am having some troubles with taking up close photos. Something in the settings has been changed and it's not working like it used too. Time to give it to my husband to look at. He'll figure it out like he always does. Anyways hope you like and thanks for stopping by! Have a great day!

5 comments:

Deb

I love this ornament! I am always looking for ornament ideas and I will definitely be trying this one out! Thanks for sharing!

Carrie Gaskin

This is such a cute idea - you always have such great ideas!

Lisa

So cute! I can just imagine a whole tree of these!

Connie

What a wonderful idea! I love the 3D ornament! Great job with the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge this week!

Mary Brown

WOW...LOVE your ornament...it is just DELIGHTFUL!!! Thanks for playing along this week in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I always appreciate feedback!