CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, September 6, 2010

Simply Back At It

Feels like forever since I have crafted. In reality it has been about 2 weeks but for someone like me that tries to find a little time each day it feels like an eternity. I figured I better get back into it slowly seeing I still have a lot of cleanup from holidays to do. Well, Pals Paper Arts #58 asked for a clean & simple card with pearls and Paper Players #14 asked for a clean & simple card. What a great way to get back into it with 2 of my favourite blog challenges.

Love Elegant Soiree DSP. It can make any card look good. I used the Flower Burst Embosslit Die for the flowers. This is another easy tool. It embosses and cuts out your flower in one run through your big shot. I simply inked the die up before running it through for a little added dimension. (I can't help myself)

I also gave the flowers a little spritz with Champagne Shimmer Mist. And since PPA asked for pearls, I was happy to oblige. They are one of my favourite new embellishments from the new cattie. As you can see I used all 3 sizes. Lastly my sentiment is from the hostess level 3 set Occasional Quotes.



Hopefully I will be posting a little more often now that school is back in. Thanks for stopping by!

Elegant Soiree dsp 117163
Flower Burst Embosslit 114515
Pearls 119247
Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint 116806

10 comments:

LeAnne

Simply elegant, Marlene----glad you are back stamping too! LOVE these colors!

Jher Drover

Yes, I missed you and was starting to get a little worried ;o) I love this DSP too!! Love that embosslit. Beautiful card!

Always Playing with Paper

Great card Marlene...the simple elegance about it and that sizzix embosslit is perfect! Love the way you used the pearls too!!

Stampin' Diva

Beautiful Card!!! Love what you did. I have to dig out those embossits now!! Thanks for playing @ PPA!!

Anne Marie

So elegant! I love the pop of shimmer on the flowers and the centers with the 3 different sizes of pearls. Very beautiful card! :)

Linda Callahan

Love the flowers with the extra ink and pearls - beautiful effect! So glad you play at PPA!

Nance

Simply stunning Marlene! Love everything about it but most of all how you've managed to make a card with alot of details still look clean and simple. BEAUTIFUL! Thanks for playing with us!

Ann Schach

Absolutely gorgeous! So classy and elegant! Thanks for playing @ PPA!

Diane - Rubber 'n Rafters

Beautiful card and this DSP is the best ever. The touch of pearls is my favorite this year, and they look wonderful on your flowers. So pretty.
I have this embosslit and haven't used it in forever. Need to get it out again.

Jaydee

Marlene, welcome back to stamping. Gorgeous card and great color choice. Love the fact that you spritzed the flowers. It adds just the right amount of shimmer.
hugs
jaydee

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I always appreciate feedback!