CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Happy Anniversary

Happy Anniversary to me! Yes, today is my anniversary but my husband is too sick to celebrate much less go out! Anyways I still have my little card for him and thought I'd share it with you. Crafting time as been extra sparse again this week. We are working like mad on the house. I'm talking almost 12 straight hours a day painting for me. My kids are asking when I'm gonna be around, when I'm actually gonna make dinner and so on. I'll admit they didn't get a bath for 5 days. It's getting bad! I'm actually glad it's raining today because I don't have to go outside to work. I should be cleaning inside but it's Sunday! A day of rest! Ahhhhhhh.

Here goes... I used Stampin' 411's sketch #168. I went with the simple card I had planned for my husband. He's not really into anything extravagant. And by no means any pretty accessories. I actually snuck a snippet of ribbon in there but not before I sponged it to make it a little dirty looking. Every layer on this card got dirtied up. You should see my fingers. All that leftover white paint from the house is now black with ink.


The sentiment from Word Play says it all! I just stamped it on Very Vanilla cardstock, tore all around it and sponged all those edges. Hope he likes. In all reality the paper means nothing to him without my words on the inside. But those are for him to see! You can just admire the front! lol!

Hope you have a great day!

Love Letter DSP 117162
1 1/4" Basic Black Striped Grosgrain Ribbon 115615
Scallop Heart of Hearts Embosslits Die 117332
Word Play (w) 120308 (c) 120651

11 comments:

Hi, I'm Lee Conrey!

Love Everything about this one. the colors, the layers the hearts.....OMG!!! It's wonderful!

Joanne

Happy Anniversary!!

Julie Gearinger

Happy Anniversary! What a wonderful card for your hubby- I hope he likes it as much as we do! Thanks for sharing and enjoy your day together:-)

Diane - Rubber 'n Rafters

Great card! Love how you used this stamp with the hearts. Very nice!

Kerin

This is so fabulous, I love the colors, the layers, everything! Happy Anniversary, and you're a girl after my own heart...stamping takes precedence over baths any day!!

Tiffany Bauer

This is amazing!!! I love the colors and how you used that saying!! Thanks for taking the time this week to play along with us!!

Patti Chesky

This is fabulous! I love all the sponging. I hope your husband is feeling better soon!

Connie

I haven't used this stamp yet...you've inspired me!

gbarron56

Marlene -- I love what you did with this. And look at all the attention to detail on the focal image! WOW -- Great job with this week's sketch. Thanks for playing along with the Stamping 411 Operators! Blessings, Gretchen

Robin Merriman

Wonderful anniversary card - and not girly at all! YOur husband will love it!

Snuffermus

this card is great!

Janna

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I always appreciate feedback!