CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Halloween Fun

I sat down last night after a long day of running the kids around and then washing our house. My husband doesn't believe in power washing so I had to do it with a broom and hand held brush. Needless to say I needed to have a little me time in the evening! I started out with a card challenge I have played with before but I'll just say my card didn't make the grade. I was ready to give up and go watch some TV with my husband but then he came down to tell me he was getting into the tub for a soak so I thought maybe I'd give it another go. I happened upon this sketch #114 from Create With Connie & Mary and found inspiration!

I knew I had a good thing going so I decided to make 2 and change them up just a little. In the end I couldn't decide which one I liked best so I'm showing you both.


The dsp for both cards is from the Brights Designer Series Paper stack. I used the Polka Dots Embossing Folder on the black card and the new Spider Web Embossing Folder from the Holiday Mini. The pumpkins use a 3/4" circle punch and the new Small Oval punch also from the Holiday Mini. The ribbons are 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbons paired up with the new Glimmer Brads once again from the Holiday Mini.



I didn't have much to go with as far as Halloween sentiments is concerned until I came upon this little Boo from Tiny Tags. Inspiration struck once again!

Hope you like. I sure had fun putting these together and so glad I gave it another go. Make sure you check out the Holiday Mini here for all the goodies I used and more!

7 comments:

Mary Brown
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mary Brown

WOW...these are BOTH FABULOUS!!! I like the brightness of the orange one but LOVE the purple one too! Thanks for playing along this week on the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

Connie

Awesome cards...I love them BOTH! Great job with the sketch this week on Create with Connie and Mary! Thanks for playing!

Deb

Love your cards!! Great job on the sketch challenge and congratulations on being a top three pick!

Lisa

Cute Halloween cards! Love those glitter brads!

Kari

Oh my gosh - this is SO cute! LOVE THESE!

Texas JennyWren

Cute cards. Love the pumpkins in the grass. I like the orange DSP with it the best, but they are both so cute. Thanks for sharing.

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I always appreciate feedback!