CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, September 16, 2010

All The Leaves Are Falling Down

With all the Fall things starting to happen, I was reminded of the little song my daughter learned in preschool sung to the tune of London Bridge is Falling Down.

All the leaves are falling down,
falling down,
falling down.
All the leaves are falling down,
red, orange, yellow and brown.

This little tune inspired these 2 projects I am sharing with you today. The first is for Paper Players #15 Colour Challenge. Love this inspiration photo! Look at those vibrant colours. I tried to capture them.

This fun treat holder is the new Candy Wrapper in the Holiday Mini. I stamped it with the Woodgrain Block Stamp before assembling it. For the leaves I used the Die Cut Leaves #2 and crumpled them up and rolled them over the coordinating ink pad. My sentiment is from Teeny Tiny Wishes. I used the new Decorative Label Punch and after punching it out the first time, I put it back in and punched out just a sliver of it where my sentiment was stamped.







I used the same Woodgrain stamp, Leaves Die #2 and even the same 1/8" Early Espresso Tafetta Ribbon. My sentiment for the card came from the stamp set Just Believe. I started with the same Decorative Label Punch and the layered it up with the Curly Label Punch and the Modern Label Punch. I finished it off with 3 Vintage Trinkets.


Thanks for stopping by. Have a great day!

13 comments:

Ann Schach

I love both the card and the candy wrapper! The crumpled leaves are fabulous! Thanks for joining The Paper Players this week ;)

Carrie Gaskin

Nice job on this one, Marlene!

Deb

Great card! Love the way you flipped the sketch!

Diane - Rubber 'n Rafters

Beautiful projects and love your leaves. Both the woodgrain stamp and treat die are on my wish list. I might have to move them both up the line. Very nice.

LeAnne

What wonderful projects....I just love fall and all the inspiration around me! Thanks for playing with the Paper Players this week!

Monika/Buzsy

Pretty card Marlene. Love the different punches you used. Great use of the colors. Thanks for playing along with us at Curtain Call. :o)

Lisa

What a pretty fall card. Love the way you flipped the sketch...usually that's my gig! Great job!

Always Playing with Paper

Oh I love that cracker your created and the leaf die is calling my name for the classroom...I should order it!!
Thanks for playing with the Paper Players this week!

Jaydee

Marlene... Thank you.. now I can't get London Bridge out of my head:-) I absolutely love what you did with this week's challenge... I'm with Lesley, you may now have enabled me on the leaf die. I really have tried to avoid it... but I can hear it calling my name!
Wonderful to see you again this week. We miss you!
Thanks for joining the Paper Players again this week!
Hugs
Jaydee

Nance

Oh Marlene I don't know where to start!! Fabulous projects, both of them. Love your use of the treat die. I have been avoiding it but now.... Your scrunched and inked leaves on both projects are fantastic--perfectly crumpled and perfect for fall. Love how you trimmed the tag on the first one and your use of the woodgrain stamp is spot on. Fabulous job! Thanks for joining us at the Paper Players this week!

Stacey Schafer

gorgeous projects!

Mary Brown

Oh...how pretty! I love how you turned the sketch! GREAT card! Thanks so much for playing along this week on the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge.

Connie

Great job with the sketch, love how you turned it! Love the greeting medallion, too!

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I always appreciate feedback!