CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Wedding Elegance

Just Us Girls Challenge #44 calls for a wedding card this week. As it turns out my cousin's son got married and I made a card for the happy couple.

The last wedding card I made with Basic Black and Concord Crush but I found that there was not much contrast between the 2 colours. so this time I paired Concord Crush with Basic Grey and I love it. I used the Elegant Lines Embossing Folder on the Whisper White and the Scallop Edge for the Concord Crush binding.

A little bling here and there and Grey Satin Ribbon to dress it up and finally, a sentiment from Word Play. This sentiment is super sweet and I love how it looks with a rhinestone to bring out the diamond ring.

For special cards like this I love decorating the inside of the card and the envelope to match. It makes it so much more special.

Thanks for stopping by. Happy stamping!

Elegant Lines Embossing Folder 119277
Scallop Edge Punch 119882
Rhinestones 119246
Basic Grey Satin Ribbon 117666
Word Play (w) 120308 (c) 120651

6 comments:

LeAnne

Very pretty, Marlene! I need a wedding card this week, too....but this is a country wedding, in a barn, and the bridesmaids are all wearing cowgirl boots with their little green dresses!! So keep a watch out for it!
I think this is a gorgeous embossing folder, I like how you added the rhinestones. Very clever!

Chrissie

This is such an elegant card. I love the attention to detail on this fab creation!
Chrissie

Sabriena Satchwell An Independent Stampin' Up!® Demonstrator

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this card! The rhinestone on the ring is the perfect finishing touch :-)

Kathryn B

I like how you embossed the two pieces differently and added just a few rhinestones! It's very elegant!

Thanks for playing along with Just Us Girls this week!

Andrea M

This is just smashing!!! So elegant and fabulous! Wonderful work :) Thanks for playing along with the wedding wild card challenge at Just Us Girls!

Lisa Kind

The grey and grape are so pretty together! Love the sentiment, too! Really beautiful card! Thanks for playing with Just Us Girls!

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I always appreciate feedback!