CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, August 6, 2010

Sweet Citrus

Colour Throwdown #104 has a great colour combo this week and I have been wanting to play along but just too busy to get to it. This afternoon I should have been taking a nap as we have been so crazy busy with house renos and children crawling into our bed at night (this is a very abnormal thing), but once the neighbor girl came to play that was it. One interruption and I'm up. I figured I would make the most of it, seeing how everyone else was still sleeping, and go downstairs for some playtime of my own. So time to get to that colour combo. I found a great sketch to go with it at Create With Connie & Mary #110.




I started off with the stamp from Tart & Tangy using all 3 colours for some background dsp and then corner rounded two corners of the card. I love how this looks. A little bit square, a little bit round! I pulled out my Scallop Circle Die Cut for the Tangerine Tango and used my Paper Piercer in each scallop. The Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder was enough to break up the Whisper White circle.


Next I took a piece of scrap cardstock, covered it with Sticky Strip and attached my Old Olive Satin Ribbon, ruffling it as I went. I put a little strip of Old Olive cardstock through the Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border Punch (wow, that's a mouth full), and added a bit of 1/8" Daffodil Delight Taffeta Ribbon. I doubled up the bow and put it on with a Glue Dot.



I was trying to think of what I would put above the Old Olive Ribbon when I remembered I had some of the new Brights Brads. They turned out to be perfect. Then I added one extra image of the fruit in the center in each colour backed by cardstock in the same colour and then a touch of Dazzling Diamonds. I finished it off with a simple sentiment from Just Believe on a Word Window Punch.
Thanks for stopping by. Happy stamping!

13 comments:

Mary Brown

WOWZA...this is just all around totally FABULOUS!!! Thanks for playing along this week in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

Tammy Hershberger

Fabulous card! LOVE the citrus! Thanks for joining us for the Color Throwdown!

Nance

WOWZA is right...this is GORGEOUS. The colors are perfect for the stamp set and all your elements are fabulous together. I adore the ring of dazzling diamonds on the citrus--looks like those sugar candy ones. The ribbon, the dotted border, the brads...just FAB. Thank you for all your comments on my cards. I've signed up to follow you!

Deb

Love your card! You did an awesome job with this sketch! Thanks for sharing!! Love everything about it!

Broni

Just beautiful! What a great combination of the sketch and colors! Your fruit background, the fruit layers and the multiple pleated ribbons are all just great! Thanks for playing with us at the Color Throwdown!

dpkennedy

Ah, perfect fruit for these colors! Great card! Thanks for playing the Color Throwdown!

Sandra Farrell

beautiful work marlene. I love what you did with these colours and sketch.

Connie

What a FUN juicy card! Love how you used the bright colors and that ribbon detail is YUMMY! Thanks for playing along with Create with Connie and Mary this week!

Carrie Gaskin

the details on this are awesome, Marlene! I love the ribbon and the touches of glitter. beautiful darlin'!

Serendipity Blog

Congrats on making the top three! I love your card, it's precious!

Nance

Congrats on your top three pick Marlene! I adored the diamonds you added to the fruit slices. Honored to be in your company. :-)

Sandra Farrell

congrats on winning both challenges. Great card.

Lisa

GREAT card! What's not to love here? You nailed both challenges!

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I always appreciate feedback!