CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, August 30, 2010

Sweet Birthday!


It's my daughter's birthday soon and after being away from paper crafty for a little while I wanted to sit down and make something really nice. Something sweet and feminine. Well Colour Throwdown #107 had the perfect colour combo for what I had in mind and PPA57's sketch fit the bill. Well almost. I'll explain later.


I made this a rather large card because I wanted to fit in all the layers of this flower. I put them through my big shot to cut them out and then again to add a paisley impression. Then I sponged the impression to bring out the pattern even more.


I wanted to make it look a little like grass behind the flower so I layered a bunch of strips of Pear Pizzaz cardstock that I punched with the scallop edge. I roughed them up just a tad and once again sponged the tips.

For the stem I pulled on a loose string at the end of the Pear Pizzaz ribbon to gather it. I thought this made a cute stem.


Last but not least comes my sentiment. Here is where I had to move away from the sketch a little. I had full intentions of following the sketch to a tee, but once I put the pieces together I realized that I had no room for the sentiment where it was supposed to be and I had a large hole in the bottom left corner. Well this card is a for a super special someone so I had to make it just right and went with the little change.


Polka Dots Embossing Folder 117335

Texture Plates Kit #4 114531

Flower Folds Die 115970

Scallop Edge Punch 119882

Pear Pizzaz 1/2" Stitched Poly Ribbon 119265

On Your Birthday 111664

Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

Linda Callahan

Fabulous flower! Love the ribbon stem! Thanks for joining us at PPA!

Jher Drover

Beautiful Card!! I love that beautiful stem...gorgeouse!

The Stampin' Royalty Goddesses

wow - fabulous card Marlene.

Caroline

wow! Love it :)

Caroline in Toronto
www.craftincaro.ca

Ann Schach

Yowza! This is fabulous! I love the flower! Thanks for playing @ PPA!

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I always appreciate feedback!