CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Stamping 411 Sketch #163 & Curtain Call Act 42

There are so many great challenges out there that I thought I'd throw my hat into another one I've never played with before. Stacey's Curtain Call had a great colour combo this week and I paired it up with Stamping 411's Sketch.





This sketch it a clean and simple one but I took it to another level with all my layers. I got the idea from the great 2010/2011 Stampin' Up Idea Book & Catalogue page 186. There are so many great samples in the SU catalogue that I love to have it around just for that purpose.

Once I added all those scalloped layers, I started layering my ribbons. I doubled up the Peach Parfait Ribbon and ruffled the Early Espresso Satin by gathering it with Linen Thread. To top it off I used images from Punch Potpourri. The name says it all for this set. There is a punch to match every stamp in this set. It is a hostess level 1 set, so get a few friends together for a min. $200 order and it's yours for free! Plus $20 free merchandise of your choosing!


On Your Birthday 111664
Early Espresso Satin Ribbon 119753
Peach Parfait 1/2" Stitched-Poly Ribbon 119264
Scallop Edge Punch 119882

Thanks for stopping by!

19 comments:

LeAnne

Ooooooh, I am lovin' this card! I was just thinking about those scalloped ruffles last night laying in bed....that I NEED to make a card using them, and here you've done an awesome job with yours! That ribbon treatment is SWEET!!!

Always Playing with Paper

This is gorgeous Marlene...love those layers and ribbons...so amazing!

Nance

Oh la la! Sooo chic--it's just beautiful with all your scalloped layers and the colors are gorgeous! Fabulous card!

Patti Chesky

Love all those scalloped ruffles!!!!

Robin Merriman

I'm drooling, this is so gorgeous! Love the ribbons and the ruffles!

Hi, I'm Lee Conrey!

OMG!!! this is to die for GORGEOUS!!! Love it!!!

Sue Kohler

A gorgeous display of the colours and the sketch Marlene! Thanks for sharing at Curtain Call this week! :)

Kerin

One word, STUNNING!!! There probably is some sort of limit on comments that I would exceed by telling you everything I love about this card :)

Selene Kempton

Super rich and beautiful! I love the way you did your photograph too.. the sun hitting it showcases all the wonderful texture...

Connie

Wow...I love all the scallops on here and the ruffled ribbon to go with it! Great job with the sketch this week!

Marisa

Love all the layered ruffles. Great use of this week's colours. Thanks for playing the Curtain Call.

Teresa Kline aka va.sunshine

wow girl...I luv this...a favorite...great details....have a wonderful weekend!

enjoy *~*

gbarron56

wow, Marlene -- this is amazingly beautiful! Fabulous job with this week's sketch -- thanks so much for playing along with the Stamping 411 Operators! Blessings, Gretchen

Rose

OH MY GOSH your card is stunning!!!! I am in awe of all the detail. WOW

Stacey Schafer

wowzers, Marlene! so glad you stopped by the Curtain Call! those ruffles are "to die for" and your use of color is amazing:)

Karen

Congrats on being the 'Show Stopper' at the curtain call! You're card is just beautiful!

Karen
x

Stacey Schafer

hey marlene! congrats:) will you send me your email address? thanks, dearie! slschaf771@aol.com

Shelley Germann

Oh, I missed out on making comments last week! Congrats on getting the lead at the Curtain Call challenge. Very well deserved...this is a great card!

Jher Drover

stunning, just stunning!!! It's one of those cards you just wanna look at everyday!

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I always appreciate feedback!