CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, August 20, 2010

PPA56 & Just Add Ink #31

One of my favourite blog challenges, Pals Paper Arts, has undergone a "Divine Redesign" so I wanted to try it out and give it a go. The idea is to have a clean & simple "day" card and glitz it up for an "evening"card. My style is a little more to the glitz side so I actually had to do this in reverse. I started out with my glitzed up card and totally simplified it after I was done but I will show you them in the other order. Their photo was truly inspiring and went with Just Add Ink's colour challenge this week so I paired them up together on my card.


Here is my simple card. A few clean layers with the Elegant Lines Embossing Folder and the rose from Fifth Avenue Floral. I added a little Chocolate Chip Taffeta ribbon for accent.


Now here is my "evening" card all glitzed up. All my layers are doubled up including my ribbon. I added some sparkle with Rhinestones on the embossed cardstock and Dazzling Diamonds on the rose.


Fifth Avenue Floral 113734
Elegant Lines Embossing Folder 119277
Corner Rounder 119871
Rhinestones 119246
Dazzling Diamonds 102023
Real Red 5/8" Grosgrain Ribbon 109052

Thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

Ann Schach

Wonderful cards, Marlene! Love, love, love your glitzed up "evening" card! The rhinestones and Dazzling Diamonds look super! Thanks for playing @ the new PPA!

Linda Callahan

Love how you stepped this up! Beautiful details! So glad you joined us at PPA!

Jennie Maier

Pretty colors and love the glitz!

Mae Collins

What a great idea! Simply glitz up the same design and end up with two quick cards but both different! Love the glitzed one!

Tracey Parrott

A beauty in it's simplicity! Very special! Love how you changed it up!

Danielle Daws

Fabulous idea! Reminds me of day to night barbie... lol

Your cards are both gorgeous! Thanks for playing at Just Add Ink. :-)

alittlelessuseless

Oooh love your glitzing it up well done!
Gardenia

Jodene

This is a gorgeous card Marlene! And I love all the sparkle on it :)

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I always appreciate feedback!