CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, August 16, 2010

Paper Players #11

I am a bit behind this week to start but trying to catch up. With home renos and being whisked away for an unknown weekend I have not gotten a chance to craft or to blog in a bit but I am hoping to remedy that this week a little.


Lesley of Paper Payers has a great sketch this week for you to play along with. The sketch is square, and I love square cards, but you can adapt any shape you'd like. I took one look at the other designer's cards and realized they all had Christmas cards. I thought I was missing something but apparently not. However I felt a little pressure to make a Christmas card, so here is my first Christmas card of the year.


I choose to go with Pretty in Pink to match my new ribbon that just arrived in the mail before the weekend. I paired it up with Soft Suede and Very Vanilla. Every edge is sponged with Soft Suede and the top snowflake is done with Heat & Stick and then Dazzling Diamonds. I am into ruffled ribbons right now so I made that my strip across the bottom instead of paper or something. A few Antique Brads tied it all together.



Serene Snowflakes 115438
Vintage Wallpaper Embossing Folder 120175
Snowflake Die Cut 113460
Pretty in Pink 1 1/4" Striped Grosgrain Ribbon 119775
Heat & Stick 100625
Dazzling Diamonds 102023

Have a great day!

3 comments:

Always Playing with Paper

Great card Marlene! Love that you used the snowflakes instead of a circle! So clever! Hope your weekend getaway was wonderful...
Lesley ;)

Ann Schach

Gorgeous, Marlene! I love the colors!

Jher Drover

I love the ribbon rouching thing!! gorgeous!!

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I always appreciate feedback!