CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Going Vintage With Paper Players

Papers Players asked me to stay on as a guest designer for August as well. What an honor and oh what fun! I have really enjoyed working with the design team. And how easy it is to make such wonderful friends with fellow stampers!

So for APP#8 we were challenged to go vintage! If you haven't noticed this new cattie has quite the vintage feel to it so it's not to hard to find something to help you out with this.


I started with Basic Black and Cherry Cobbler (such a rich colour) cardstock and Newsprint DSP. I took my scissors to them and roughed up all my edges and then sponged them with Crumb Cake. For the next layer of Cherry Cobbler I used my Eyelet Border Punch and then crinkled up the cardstock till it looked pretty rough and stuck it on with sticky tape.


My ribbons of choice for this card were Basic Black Satin and Victoria Crochet Trim. A flower bundle made with the Scallop Circle Punch is my main focus here and I slipped my sentiment, stamped on the Modern Label Punch, underneath the flower. You can catch just a hint of an Antique Brad in the center of the flower and a few Vintage Trinkets in the top right corner.


Thanks for stopping by!

Newsprint DSP 117166
Basic Black Satin Ribbon 117285
Victoria Crochet Trim 118481
Antique Brads 117273
Vintage Trinkets 118764
1 3/4" Scallop Circle Punch 119854
Eyelet Border Punch 119853
Modern Label Punch 119849

4 comments:

Ann Schach

Absolutely stunning! I love the Cherry Cobbler with the black!

Jaydee

Marlene, another beautiful card. I am so pleased you are staying with us for another month as guest designer. I love seeing your creations every week.

I love the black with the Cherry Cobbler. Your flower is fabulous (especially with the vintage brad in the middle!) and the crochet trim is perfect with the black satin ribbon (very Victorian).

hugs
jaydee

Linda Callahan

This is beautiful!

Snuffermus

Georgeous card!

Janna

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I always appreciate feedback!