CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Vintage 411

I used Stampin' 411's sketch #161 to play with all the great new vintage accessories from the new cattie.
Vintage Brads and Chantilly Lace. Love these! I also used my sponges and rubbed the whole card with Crumb Cake. I love this colour! I know I have said it before but I am so thrilled to have this colour in ink. It is so handy! It is especially a great colour for the vintage style. It is not as harsh as Soft Suede yet it still ages everything nicely.

I punched out 2 strips with the new Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border and adhered them one under the other so it would be wide enough to see under the Chantilly Lace.

The paper I used was Elegant Soiree. It has both the colours Crumb Cake and Soft Suede which makes it a shoe-in for vintage style as well! My sentiment is from Elements of Style.
Thanks for stopping by.
Antique Brads 117273
Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border 119275
Chantilly Lace 118480
Elements of Style (w)118611 (c) 120045

9 comments:

Always Playing with Paper

This is so beautiful Marlene! I love it. That paper is awesome, it is on my list! Need to make an order! Thanks for the inspiration!
Smiles,
Lesley :)

Selene Kempton

I have been looking through my new catalog items, realizing I didn't purchase any of these gorgeous buttons! What was I thinking?? I'm so inspired by your creation and will be off to place an order very soon! Your creation is so pretty! Thanks for playing along with Stamping 411.

MarvA1ix

Well, bust a button!! I think this card is the best. I have a thing for buttons, and I love the way you used these vintage buttons. I need some of those myself!
I think that making cards and scrapbooks is a way that we express our creativity in the same way that we used to sew. It used to be all about the fabric, texture, and trimmings. Now we use paper, instead of fabric, and do it on a smaller scale, but it has the same appeal for me that sewing has always had. And, the good thing about cards is they always "fit" :)

Patti Chesky

The vintage brads are the perfect touch for this card. Love it!!!! I's such a sucker for vintage!

Hi, I'm Lee Conrey!

Oh this is wonderful!!! You did an awesome job of coordination...it looks fabulous! Love the brads!!

LeAnne

Well, this is beautiful! You are so generous---I would never be able to part with ALL those brads at one time.....but I am already ready to order another set, I love them so much!

Kerin

Gorgeous! I can't wait to get my hands on that new lace and those vintage brads...need to order MORE now :)

Connie

wow...I don't even want to use up ONE of my buttons and you used a whole ROW! LOVE your vintage card for the Stamping 411 sketch challenge!

Tiffany Bauer

Love the vintage feel of this card!!! Thanks for playing along with us this week!!!

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I always appreciate feedback!