CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Paper Players Sketch Challenge #7

Leslie treated us to another great sketch for the Paper Players Challenge this week. I was on a role so I actually made two cards. Same background with a little different main image. I have had a rough sketch of these two images on my desk for over a year that I once jotted down while blog hopping. This sketch truly inspired me to use them finally.
I just love the vellum with the dsp trim. For the stem I used my paper piercing tool and drew over the dots with a white gel pen. I layered up Basic Black Satin Ribbon with 1/8" Basic Black Taffeta Ribbon. I love these Jumbo Brads. They fit the bill perfectly for the size of this card.

For the butterfly I used Clear Crystal Brads for the body and drew in the antennae. On the wings I covered the vellum with glue from my 2-way glue pen and covered them in Dazzling Diamonds. For the sentiments I punched out the Modern Label Punch in Basic Black, Greenhouse Gala DSP and Baja Breeze. There are so many ways you can stack them up for a different look.
Greenhouse Gala DSP 117167
Teeny Tiny Wishes 115370
Vellum Cardstock 101856
Basic Black Satin Ribbon 117285
Basic Black 1/8 " Taffeta Ribbon 119261
Jumbo Neutral Brads 112534
Filigree Brads 112577
Clear Rhinestone Brads 113144
Scallop Oval Punch 119856
1 3/4" x 7/8" Oval Punch 119855
1 3/8" x 5/8" Oval Punch 119863
Modern Label Punch 119849
Paper Piercer 116631
White Gel Pen 105021
2-way Glue Pen 100425

3 comments:

Jher Drover

First of all, I love how you stacked the clear blocks to make one card higher than the other. Secondly, I love window pics, the sun gives cards nice light. And thirdly, these cards are GORGEOUS. I especially love the glittery butterfly. You can't go wrong with butterflies and glitter!

LeAnne

How cool is this.....I cannot tell you the last time I played with vellum like this---so clever! That DP is gorgeous, it's always been one of my favorite colors.

Jaydee

Marlene - Absolutely gorgeous cards. Well worth the effort that you put into them. Your butterfly is exquisite. I love the brad treatment on the flower, too.
Both very special cards.
thanks for inspiring us
hugs
jaydee

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I always appreciate feedback!