CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Lots To Celebrate

First off, happy 1st of July to all the Canadians out there. Unfortunately it is raining which means all our plans are out the window unless it starts to clear up real quick. The one good thing is that no matter the weather we will still get together with family and friends for a good BBQ!

Secondly, the new 2010-2011 Catalogue starts today. Here is a set I got as a sneek peek and I have been dieing to ink it up. The set is a level 1 hostess set called Because I Care. It's all about hydrangeas which are my favourite flower. My wedding bouquet was mostly hydrangeas and I have at least 4 hydrangea bushes of assorted colours in my garden. For this card I put together some new colours. Early Espresso, Crumb Cake, Pink Pirouette and traditional Very Vanilla. I am loving this colour combo and let me tell you it is so very nice to have Crumb Cake (the old Kraft colour) in ink! This card was all about the colours for me so I didn't add any accessories. I also made this card for Paper Players Challenge #4 this week to make an easel card.
I stamped the flower in Early Espresso and then started in with Pink Pirouette ink and my blender pen. Then I added a little Pretty in Pink and finally a touch of Rose Red to the very center of the flowers.


For the inside I stamped the hydrangea randomly in Crumb Cake to match the cardstock. It is just a little added touch. You would still be able to read any writing you did on the inside and it totally dresses it up!


Contact me to set up a workshop so we can get this stamp set in your hands. And as of noon today you can officially put in an order from the new cattie!

Thanks for stopping by and happy stamping!

4 comments:

Jheri Lynn

I love that stamp set! What a gorgeous card!

Always Playing with Paper

Marlene...love everything about this pretty card! The ticket corner punch looks awesome with your layout and stamp choice.
Smiles,
Lesley :)

LeAnne

Just GORGEOUS!!!!!! I am always nervous about coloring, even with a blender pen, on anything that's not stamped with Stazon. This proves I should not be! Beautiful easel card, Marlene!1

Jaydee

Marlene, this is fabulous. Your hydrangea image has so much dimension. Fabulous coloring job. It's a beautiful color combination.
Thanks for joining the Paper Players this week
hugs
Jaydee

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I always appreciate feedback!