CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Happy Birthday!

Today is my husband's birthday. I used to love making cards for him until he started being so critical of the male cards I put out. He tells me no ribbons or buttons and is very picky about the accessories I use. It makes it difficult to pull something together then. I love ribbon and to make a card without using a stitch of it makes me second guess myself.

So I saw Just Add Ink's Challenge #28 this week to make a male card using Kraft, Chocolate Chip and Baja Breeze and thought perfect! I can use my favourite retired dsp that was great for male cards! Plus no ribbons, buttons and in fact I didn't use any accessories. Everything on this card is paper. Hope he likes it!
The card is cut out using the Scallop Square Die Cut (115950) and all the corners are rounded using the 3/16" Corner Rounder (119871). I stamped the branch from Cheep Talk (113204) and then cut it out, minus the leaves. I punched a few leaves with the Two-Step Bird Punch (117191) and of course the owls are from the hottest new punch, the Two-Step Owl Punch (118074). Love this punch! It was one of the first things on my list to purchase from this catalogue.
Thanks for stopping by!

16 comments:

Jher Drover

Too hootin cute!! I love that DSP and still have a bunch of it left and I'm so glad Baja Breeze is back to so I can use that paper more! I would give that card to a man!!

Lisa

Marlene! Thanks for being an inspiration! I linked to your blog tonight in my post. I love your work! Thanks for sharing and helping me find more challenges that help me to be creative! You rock!

Danielle Daws

Ooooh, I LOVE this! It's so adorable! You're right - that DSP was perfect for masculine cards. Thanks for playing!

Liam

Ohhh I love this!! I have been looking at these owl lately they look fantastic. I hope we get them in our catalogue in September. Love what you have done with your card.

Liam

Christine Blain

Aww, this is adorable!!! Can't wait til we get the owl punch in Australia (one month, and counting)!! Hope your hubby loves his ribbon-free card.

Naomi

This is just too cute!! Love that owl punch can't wait for Sept 1st here in Oz.

Bronwyn Eastley

I'm totally in love with owl images and can't wait until our new catty is launched! This card is 100% adorable. TFS.

Krista Driessen

Whoooo ! I LOVE your card ! Those owls are soooo cute !

Melissa Davies

A great card, those owls are so cute, 4 more weeks until we get ours. Oh and love that Parisian Breeze, my most fave DSP of all time, thanks for sharing.

Jo

This is so cute - this owl punch is going to be the first thing I order when our new catty goes live.

Tania M. Gould

Awww I hope he loved it cos I think its PERFECT for a man!!!! Not too girly and definitly not boring! Thanks for sharing!

Mae Collins

Absolutely love this card, those owls are so cute! That punch is on my wishlist for when our new catty is launched. Thanks for playing at JAI.

Debi

So glad you got Top Picked- your card was my fav- Like the other kiwi's and Austrailian SU demos- I can't wait to get my hands on this punch x

Jodene

Well I think your card is just PERFECT! And if hubby doesn't like this, then I would consider just getting him a card from the dollar store in future. LOL
Gorgeous card, and congrats on being a top pick at JAI!

stampingelegance

You definitely deserve top pick with this one Marlene - it's just gorgeous and I love the girl owl coyly looking at her boy own - great eye details x
Jan

H2 :)

Adorable card Marlene. Love your owls & their DSP bellies - too cute!

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I always appreciate feedback!