CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Colour Q Birthday

I needed a fun birthday card and decided to use Colour Q's colour combo #40 this week. I didn't actually have Barely Banana so I used So Saffron instead. I thought it was a pretty close match.

For the background on the Bermuda Bay I used one of the builder wheels called Birthday and just rolled it over and over again. For the cupcake tree I used bits and pieces from the new Hostess Level 3 set Playful Pieces and the cupcakes themselves are from Itty Bitty Bits. My sentiment came from the set Something Sweet.


This is the first time I have tried ruffling a ribbon this way and I really like how it turned out. It is a fun way to step up a card. I took a needle threaded with Linen Thread and put it through my Melon Mambo ribbon every 1/2", tied a knot at each end and attached it to the card with glue dots. I like it!


Thanks for stopping by!
Happy Stamping!

Birthday Builder Wheel 118619
Something Sweet (w) 117688 (c) 118589
Itty Bitty Bits (w) 117056 (c) 120060
Linen Thread 104199
3/16" Corner Rounder 119871

5 comments:

LeAnne

Dang, this is the cutest thing ever! I wish I had gotten that Level 3 set.....after seeing this I REALLY want it now!!! I just love those little cupcakes..they're the cutest! I have used them lots lately myself!

Sylvia

These cupcakes make the best birthday tree card! Love this!

Jher Drover

I so love that ribbon ruffling and admire it on almost every card I see like that. This card is so super cute and fun! I love that stamp set too!!

Terri E.

This card is stinking adorable!!!!!! Way to rock the Colour Q challenge.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Kari Linder

I Love this, it's the perfect Birthday card! Thanks for joining us this week at the CQC!

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I always appreciate feedback!