CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Always Playing With Paper Inspiration Challenge #8

Good morning! I'm here with another challenge from Always Playing With Paper. This morning it is an inspiration challenge. I took one look at this photo and thought, oh this is going to be easy. Look at those inspiring daisies! Wrong! This one caught me off guard. My first cards had lots going on but something was never right and I could not figure it out. Finally I had to stop. Go back to the daisy and think just about that.


That's when I decided to keep it real simple. I went with my original background of flowers from Baroque Motifs. (one of my faves!) I stamped the flower all over and then punched out 1/8" circles of Daffodil Delight and glued them to the center of each flower. Then I flipped my paper over and scored all four sides at 1", 1-1/16" and 1-1/8". Just a little hint of something else!


I punched out the corners of each layer with my Ticket Corner Punch. (love this punch.) For my main image I used my Daisies Die. Three daisies of each size. I sponged all the tips, curled them up with my bone folder and then stacked up the flowers so all the petals where showing. The finishing touch was 2 Daffodil Delight Button from the Brights collection. The new button sets are super. I have had a ton of fun playing with them. I cut a tiny strip of Night of Navy cardstock and strung it through my buttons and tied a knot to top it all off. In the end...a card that was not so busy. I decided to leave it without a sentiment. Not sure why. Just cause I guess. And I almost forgot. I spritzed wth daisy with Vanilla Smooch. This one is the best of the bunch. It gives my flower a look like it's been kissed by the morning dew! So pretty. Hope you like!


Happy Stamping!

3 comments:

Always Playing with Paper

Love the smooched daisy Marlene! Awesome job with this week's challenge!
Smiles,
Lesley :)

Jaydee

Marlene, fabulous take on the challenge. I love the scoring on the card as well as the use of the ticket corner punch. I love your treatment of the daisies and the buttons are the perfect touch.
Hugs
Jaydee

LeAnne

Love this one too! Isn't that little flower from Baroque Motifs so versatile....I forget that it's in there, and I haven't used that set in a long time....time to dust it off! You've inspired me!

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I always appreciate feedback!