CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Something New & A Little Something Old

I having been wanting to create something with the new colours I received in the mail. Once I planned out this card, using Stampin' 411's Sketch #153, I knew the time was right.

Cherry Cobbler and Early Espresso. What a colour combo! Again if you know me I don't like red but when it comes to pairing it up with brown...LOVE IT! These new colours are gorgeous. So very rich in tone.

Now for the little something old. Micro beads. I love these things but sadly, they are on the Last Chance list, so if you want them you'd better get your orders in! They just add that little something needed to finish off a flower just right.
I used just the word Friend from a stamp in the set All Holidays. (Great versatile set. Another favourite.) This white Organza Ribbon seems to be the one I'm going to nowadays. It's so very pretty on it's own or stacked up with another colour as I often like to do. I added a snippet of the flower center covered with the micro beads to my ribbon to add a little tie-in.



Last but not least I stamped the same flower from Fifth Avenue Floral on some Cherry Cobbler cardstock, punched it out with my Beautiful Wings Embosslit Die (still available on the carryover list) and covered it with Crystal Effects. Voila! A card for any occasion.

Happy Stamping!

Fifth Avenue Floral 113734
All Holidays 114916
White Organza Ribbon 114319
Micro Beads (Bead Duo) 110731
Beautiful Wings Embosslit Die 118138

6 comments:

Kerin

I love the way you combined these gorgeous new colors, and the flowered background is beautiful! I'm sad to see the microbeads go too :(

Melissa Davies

This is too gorgeous, looking forward to those new colours in our catty in September, Tfs this beautiful card

Sabriena Satchwell An Independent Stampin' Up!® Demonstrator

Marlene this card is GORGEOUS!!!

Lisa Martin

I so love all the details! Beautiful work!

TrishG

Beautiful! Great color combination. I really love cherry cobbler too! Lovely job with the microbeads!!!

Connie

This is GORGEOUS! Thanks for playing along with Stamping 411!

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I always appreciate feedback!