CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Something For Dad

There is a new challenge blog in town with some really talented designers. Paper players is the name! I'm super excited for them and wish them much success.

This week the challenge called for a masculine or Father's Day paper project. Well I was up for the challenge and chose to use Stampin' 411 Sketch #154. I decided to flip the sketch on it's side to accommodate my main image from King of The Grill.


There are a lot of layers and I just kept on layering more. My kraft layer is dry embossed, although in the photo it is hard to tell, but checkers was my pick for a manly card. The orange dsp is from Kalideoscope and I double layered that with 1/2" strips.

I slipped the 5/8" Old Olive Grosgrain Ribbon through the layered dsp but chose to wind the Linen Thread around all the layers. I contemplated adding some metal hardware to the sentiment but opted for just cutting it up instead to step it up.

Thanks for stopping by!

7 comments:

LeAnne

Oh my gosh, how clever to use that striped DP, which seems so feminine, on a masculine card---looks fabulous here! Way to go--and thanks for playing with our first challenge!

Always Playing with Paper

Hi Marlene! This card is fabulous! Love all the weaving of the ribbon through the DSP...
Thanks for joining us and supporting us this week at Always Playing with Paper!!
Smiles,
Lesley :)

Jaydee

Marlene, what a fabulous use of the spotlighting technique. I love your use of the striped paper really makes me think of a wooden picket fence - which is perfect with the image. My hubby was looking over my shoulder when I was typing this comment and howled with laughter - he thought the card was great, too!
thanks for playing along with the paper players in our inaugural challenge.
hugs
jaydee

Corie

Oh my this is fabulous -- I love all the layers and the texture. You ROCKED this challenge!! Thanks for playing along with us!!

Selene Kempton

I love all the elements! This is fantastic!

Kerin

Love the way you spotlighted "dad"!! All of the extras you added to this card are perfect!

gbarron56

Marlene -- fabulous card! I would never have thought you could use Kaleidoscope DSP on a manly card but it works! Great job with th is week's sketch challenge! Thanks so much for playing along with the 411 Operators this week! Blessings, Gretchen

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I always appreciate feedback!