CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, June 11, 2010

Late Night Stamping

It's been a busy week. Thank goodness things are starting to wind down. The end is in sight. I finally found some time to do some late night stamping and have a long overdue phone call to a girlfriend at the same time. I made some mistakes but was able to salvage it in the end.

This one is for Stampin' Royalty's Picture Perfect Inspiration Challenge #23. The colours in this photo are so great. That is definitely something I took from the photo. I also love the bright vibrant flowers on the contrasting dark brown branches so I chose to try and recreate that as well.

I added depth to my image by stamping it twice in a row just a smidge off. I didn't want the shadow to be the same brightness so I didn't reink my stamp the second time I stamped. I originally wanted to cut out the flowers and stack them with dimensionals but discovered that they are a little too small to cut out and still look nice, so this was my second idea.

I stamped off one more time without inking up again to get a shadow in behind my sentiment. This has become one of my favourite things to do lately. It just seems to dress up a boring and dull sentiment.

6 comments:

Shanda Stirk

Great technique Marlene! Your card is very pretty - thanks for playing again at Stampin' Royalty!

Steph

This is beautiful. You really did a good job pulling your inspiration from the photo. Love the idea of stamping behind your sentiment, I'll have to remember that. TFS:)

Angela McKay, Stampin' Up Demonstrator, #1 Rising Star Canada 2008/2009

Gorgeous job Marlene! I love it! I so rarely remember to use that fabulous technique! Thanks for sharing with us at Stampin' Royalty this week!

Sarah Newman

This is such a gorgeous card! the extra dimension is so perfect! I love your blog design too! Thanks for playing along with us at Stampin' Royalty!

Sabriena Satchwell An Independent Stampin' Up!® Demonstrator

What a great take on this weeks inspiration photo! :-) As always I am in 'aw' over your creations.
Thanks for playing along with us at Stampin' Royalty!

Sandra Farrell

I'm so glad you played with us this week at Stampin' Royalty. Great Card!!

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I always appreciate feedback!