CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Borrowed My Own Idea!

Paper Players #2 has a great colour combo challenge this week. These colours look great together. I instantly had an idea and when I thought about using Old Olive I knew I wanted to use a bit of this project.


I used Stampin' 411 Sketch #155 for this card. I used the Flower Daisies Die to make the flower. First I sponged the tips, curled up the edges and stacked the flowers up to create a Gerber daisy. Love it!


Being that this was a card for a friend's birthday that we went to today, I took the time to dress up the inside. I think I need to do it more often. It really finishes off a card right.


Flower, Daisies Die #2 Die Cut 114520
All Holidays Stamp Set 114916
Filigree Brads 112577
5/8" Old Olive Grosgrain Ribbon 111368
Sponge Daubers 102892

12 comments:

Always Playing with Paper

WOW! This is stunning Marlene...I love the sponged daisies and the ribbon! Fabulous use of the colours! Thank you for playing along again this week!
Smiles,
Lesley

Lisa Martin

This is gorgeous! Love the colours!

Krista Driessen

Gorgeous card ! love the flower !

Kerin

Oh my this is gorgeous!! That flower is beautiful, and LOVE the wavy dsp!!!

Selene Kempton

Yummy colors, wonderfully embellished, down to the smallest detail! I love all the sponging and the DSP.. Great Job!

Jaydee

Marlene, this is gorgeous. I love the way you made Old Olive the feature and the blues the accent. Fabulous job with the flower. I love the layout, too. Your use of the DSP and the brad in the middle are just perfect. Beautiful.
Thanks for joining the Paper Players in our second challenge this week.
Hugs
Jaydee

Patti Chesky

What a beautiful bloom. I love the looped ribbon as the leaves. Great card!

Corie

This is so fabulous -- love your flower and the inside is just perfect!! Thanks for playing along with the Paper Players!!

Big smiles,
Corie

LeAnne

Well, pick me up off the floor---I fell off my chair after looking at this fabulous creation! HOW clever to do the "rolling hills" with your DP--inside AND out!! VERY nicely done!

Robin Merriman

Beautiful and clever! Love the layers!

Queenie Jeannie

Gorgeous card!!!

Nance

Stunning card! The flower is gorgeous and I LOVE the rolling hills of DSP--genius! Congrats on your well-deserved headline at APP!

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I always appreciate feedback!