CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Rosy Elegance

I am so going to miss Pale Plum. I can't seem to stop using it lately. When I sat down to make this rose I wanted it to really look like a real rose. I've seen roses in Costco this colour and I just love them. A little different from pink but still soft and absolutely stunning. (someone drop a hint for my hubby would you?!)


The rose is made from the SU Ornament Punch. That's it! It doesn't get any simpler. I saw it on Lesley Croghan's blog as something she simply added to spruce up a post. The post was great but the rose totally caught my eye. I sponged the edges of every piece and once I had it all together I used my two-way glue pen on all the edges and sprinkled Dazzling Diamonds all over.

Once the rose was finished I needed something just as stunning to go with it. Nothing screams elegance to me like window sheets. I ran the window sheet through the big shot using the Polka-dots embossing folder. Then I cut all the sides into semi circles and kept it together by putting a White Organza Ribbon around using sticky strip to adhere it.


The box I stamped with the rose image from Fifth Avenue Floral. Could it match any better? On the inside I stamped one single rose and used the sentiment from the same set. I love how this box looks when it's open and in all honesty it is easier than putting together a regular box. Score your box like normal but don't cut anything. Instead score 2 extra lines from corner to corner on the diagonal. When you fold your score lines simply push the corners that you have scored on the diagonal in. Voila! Piece of cake.


This post is a bit of an entry to win a spot as a Guest Paper Player (designer) for a new challenge blog that Lesley Croghan is setting up. It's called Paper Players. You have to go and check it out. What an honour it would be to be chosen as a Guest Paper Player for the kick off of a new blog. I love Lesley's work and she truly inspires me. I've only ever been on the entry side of a challenge blog and I'd love the chance to be on the other end of it and hopefully inspire others with my work.

6 comments:

Queenie Jeannie

What a gorgeous box!!! Love, love, love it!! Good luck to you!

Always Playing with Paper

Marlene,
I love the new look of your blog! It is SO pretty. Your submission for the GDT Challenge is elegant and completely beautiful! I love the way you mirrored the rose on the top of the box with the rose on the inside. So pretty! Thank you for joining in our challenge this week at Always Playing with Paper!
Smiles,
Lesley :)

Sabriena Satchwell An Independent Stampin' Up!® Demonstrator

I love the rose and I love your new blog look :-)

Sandra Farrell

Marlene
Great rose, great box, great colour (I'm sad too), good luck with the DT call. Oh and I LOOOOOVE you new blog template.

Corie

Oh my this is soooooooooo beautiful. Your rose looks so real!!

TrishG

This is really gorgeous! Beautiful flower (the color is really great) I love the window sheet top and the beautiful flower in the box too!

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I always appreciate feedback!