CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, May 20, 2010

A Paper Flower Again

I can't get enough of paper flowers. What it is about them I don't know. I just think they are fun to make. This is an easy one. Punch a circle using your 1 3/4" punch. Using your circle cutter cut a circle 1/2" bigger around it. Then glue eight 1 1/4" circles to the circle. The farther to the outside edge you glue them, the bigger your flower will be. Then glue eight 7/8" circles in a coordinating dsp on top of them. You will most likely need to trim the inside of your circle again if you want to put in a sweet treat cup.




I used Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge #69 for this card. I added 3 Itty Bitty Buttons on top of the Itty Bitty flower stamp to the top left corner and used Tempting Turquoise and Old Olive 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon for the stripes across the bottom. The paper is Island Oasis.

I have to confess. There is an oops on this card. My fingers were inky and I left a finger smudge on the top right corner as I was putting it all together. Hence the reason for the top corner folded over. I think it would have looked okay if I could have pulled it over a little more but I always glue so close to the edges that it was not possible. I wanted to make another but I am all out of turquoise blue jelly beans. No, I did not eat the others. That was all I had to start. Lol.


1 3/4" Circle Punch 112004
1 1/4" Circle Punch 104403
3/4" Circle Punch 107217
Itty Bitty Bits (w) 117056 (c) 120060
Bitty Buttons 118761
Itty Bitty Shapes 118309
Tempting Turquoise 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon 109038
Old Olive 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon 111368
Island Oasis DSP 117173

1 comments:

Sabriena Satchwell An Independent Stampin' Up!® Demonstrator

Pretty! I love the colours you used and if you did not say about the opps I would have never known it looks great with the little fold over. :-)

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I always appreciate feedback!