CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

I'm Back

Well we have returned from a much needed family getaway. It was only for a long weekend but it was great! Our first trip out for the year with our trailer. We didn't go too far which is a good thing because it crept up on us far too quickly and we just started tossing stuff in the trailer Thursday afternoon and left that evening at 8:00 pm. Yes we are nuts but my husband is a huge procrastinator and after almost 12 years of being married to him I am still trying to get use to it. Usually it turns into a huge fight but we managed to avoid it this time. Yeah!!! I must be learning.

Anyways, I packed some stuff along to work a little but in the end, my girls won and they got my semi-undivided attention. I hid behind the trailer a few times sitting in my new awesome lawn chair (this is the first time I have spent a little money on a chair just for me!) and read about 1/3 of a Grisham novel. Not bad since I haven't made it through one of those in a weekend since I started having kids. I'm not sure when it will get finished now. lol.




So here is a card to start off my week. I used Stampin' 411 Saturday Sketch Challenge 152. By the way it is their anniversary so go on by and check them out. This card uses the Reflection Technique. I used the set Lovely as a Tree and then did a bit of work with my aqua painter. All the edges of Sage Shadow cardstock are sponged with Chocolate Chip. I chose to make this card a little bigger (5 x 7) because my main image is bigger and I still wanted to fit in all the different mattes. I think my dad would like this card.

Lovely as a Tree 115026
Aqua Painter 103954
1" Double-Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon Chocolate Chip 111849
Linen Thread 104199
To The Nines Specialty DSP 114038

7 comments:

Always Playing with Paper

Oh wow Marlene! I love this effect! So clever and perfect with the sketch! Sounds like you had a great time camping...keep reading your book!!!

Smiles,
Lesley :)

LeAnne

Gorgeous, Marlene! Great job on the sketch---that is one technique I have never tried!

Kerin

This card is SO cool, love that reflection technique!! It's the erfect masculine card :)

Angela McKay, Stampin' Up Demonstrator, #1 Rising Star Canada 2008/2009

This is AWESOME Marlene! Your card is simply perfect!!!!

Lisa Martin

What a truly wonderful creation! I love it!

Selene Kempton

This is gorgeous!

Tiffany Bauer

WOW!!! This is gorgeous with out a doubt!!! Thanks for playing along with us on our Anniversary week!

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I always appreciate feedback!