CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, May 1, 2010

I' ve Got The Monochromatic Blues

My husband has been away all week, my girls and I are all sick and miss him so much that one of my girls actually spends the majority of her day crying over it. I am done!!! I've got the blues! But I won't sing about it because if you heard my voice right now you'd kill yourself laughing.


Anyways in my misery, my wonderful dad called me up and said he'd come over and help me get my garden going. He knew that I spent last Saturday at the garden nursery and that I still had none of it in the ground yet. Needless to say he came over today, turned over my whole garden and helped me plant everything. WOW! That would have taken me all day by myself but we had it licked in a few hours. Then after he got home, he called me up to tell to come over for BBQ for dinner. My dad makes the best steak! Now if that was not enough, after dinner he washed my van! He's the BEST! I am so lucky to have him in my life and I owe him big time.

I wanted to make him a card. I thought blue would be the perfect colour and thought I'd give the monochromatic blue challenge from Pals Paper Arts #40 a try. I actually really struggled to get started because of course I am trying to make a man card which seems to be one of my biggest enemies. Once I remembered one of the things that Mary Fish said about man cards (use geometric shapes) it came pretty quickly. I just had to find enough blue in my stash. I resorted to a retired dsp but used one of the soon to be returning colours, Baja Breeze. I also used some the Designer Brads you can earn for free in the month of May. Check here for details on how you can get those.

5 comments:

Linda Callahan

Sweet and simple - love all the blues and the hardware! Thanks for joining us at PPA!

mauistamper

You did a great job on your "Man card". Love the clean lines.

And your dad is a one in a million! I remember those business trips when my kids were little - one year my daughter cried all through church on Sunday. I told my husband next time I would pack her in his suitcase!

Anne

Betty

Love your card, but love the most your sharing about your Dad. Enjoy and love him all you can, he sounds terrific. I lost my own last year, but he lived avery day of his 91 years and gardening was his passion.

Sam

Your dad sounds like a wonderful man and I am sure that while he will not expect the thanks he will appreciate them. Great card Marlene. Hope you and your girls are feeling better and that hubby gets home soon.

TrishG

Very fun. Love the colors. Great layout. Really nice card.

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I always appreciate feedback!