CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, May 31, 2010

A First Birthday

My nephew turned 1 yesterday so I had the pleasure of making his birthday cake. He was in town with his mom for the weekend so I thought we could have a little party for him here. Now would you believe I forgot to take a picture of the cake? But I made a card to match the cake so I'll share that with you. I made a zebra cake and turned the filling blue to make it an ocean and put little fish crackers on it. It was really cute. So my card is along those lines.

I used Pals Paper Arts Sketch #44 and choose to keep it really simple. Actually this sketch inspired the cake and the card! I saw the zig-zags and thought right away to turn it into water. So, thus came the fish theme.



I used a 1/2" circle punch to make the waves. I've done it before using my scallop edge punch but I like how the waves are uneven when using a single circle punch. Turned out just the way I'd hoped.

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Linda Callahan

Absolutely love the waves - great idea! Thanks for joining us at PPA!

Doris

What a clever idea! Your card is adorable...

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I always appreciate feedback!