CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Careful! Those roses are messy.

I love these roses. They seem to be the latest in the paper crafting world. I first came upon them when my SU coach sent me to Sage Kimble's blog. Check out her roses in vintage style. Just beautiful! Her blog then sent me to Simi Stamper where she had a tutorial on them.



I will admit these are most definitely not my first try. My fingers got so full of glue, my roses were stuck to my fingers instead of my card. Anyways, after a few tries I was satisfied and then discovered I liked my roses on dsp instead of just plain cardstock. Let me know what you think!

Kaliedescope DSP 115680
Top Note Die Cut 113463
Little Leaves Sizzlit Die 114511

6 comments:

stampingmadly

Great flowers, Marlene. They turned out so lovely. I like them done in paper. I will have to try some again with DSP, seems like they would be easier to put in the shape you want. And I really get the sticky fingers thing!! Tanks for the link to my blog. Come visit it again, I will do the same.

Sabriena Satchwell An Independent Stampin' Up!® Demonstrator

Try using glue dots. You will go through allot of them but they do the job and your fingers don't get stuck to your roses.

thestampinlounge

Nice job Marlene! I had a feeling that your inspiration with the 3-D roses/flowers weren't gonna stop at the layered scallop circles. Love it!

Tara Bilbao

OOOOOO - I love these roses. I have bookmarked the tutorial but have not tried it yet. Lovely card.

Kari

SO pretty - I'm all over that - I'll have to try it next month!

Jheri Lynn

I am in love with these roses. I want to do a class on them!!

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I always appreciate feedback!