CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Thoughts & Prayers

I've loved this set from the moment I laid eyes on it, but I waited till now to acquire it. Why? I'm not sure. I guess I figured I would not get enough use out of it. However, lately I've seen some smashing cards with it and am so glad I finally have possession of it. I used Stampin' Royalty's sketch challenge #11 for the layout.


I wanted to use this image and it would not fit inside a smaller circle so I just made the dimensions of the card a little larger. Plenty of room inside for a lengthy message kind of like the one I'd like to send to a dear friend right now. (Jheri Lyn, I know you will be reading this and I don't have the address to where you are right now, so this card is for you!)


I spent the majority of my time roughing up the edges on this card. I just used the edge of my scissors and ran them up and down the sides. Then I sponged them.
Elegant Bouquet Embossing folder 115964
Scallop Circle die 113468
Thoughts & Prayers 113252
Beautiful Wings Embosslits Die 118138

7 comments:

Always Playing with Paper

Wow...this is so pretty. I love this set too and also waited to get it. Now I am looking at the Inspired by Nature set...I keep putting it off! LOL!!

Great job with the sketch.
Smiles,
Lesley

Sabriena Satchwell An Independent Stampin' Up!® Demonstrator

Marlene! This crad is gorgeous! All I can say is WOW. I really love your attention to detail.
As always thanks for playing with us this week at Stampin’ Royalty.

Shanda Stirk

Hi Marlene - your card is beautiful - great choice of colors and lovely layout. Your cards inspire me. Thanks for playing with us this week at Stampin' Royalty.

TrishG

Wow - so beautiful! I love the colors and layering. Really lovely card!!!

Sarah Newman

Gorgeous! I love the colours you used! What a great card! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Stampin' Royalty!

Angela McKay, Stampin' Up Demonstrator, #1 Rising Star Canada 2008/2009

Marlene, I always LOVE your work! I forgot about this stamp.... you've inspired me to pull it out again! Thanks so much for playing with us at Stampin' Royalty again!

Sandra Farrell

Great work Marlene. you always inspire us. Thanks for playing with us again at SR.

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I always appreciate feedback!