CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, March 22, 2010

Mojo Monday 131 & Stampin' Royalty 12

Easter is getting closer. I just finished decorating my kitchen and dining room. My robin egg wreath is now hanging on the front door and here is an Easter card for someone special. I used Mojo Monday Sketch 131. I love Easter eggs that sparkle. So this card is also for Stampin' Royalty Challenge #12, Get Glitter Happy!

These eggs are so easy to make and I just love the way they shimmer! If you'd like to give these a try you will need: designer series paper, a versa mark pad, heat & stick powder, dazzling diamonds and a heat gun and an oval punch.
1. first versa mark your paper
2. sprinkle it with heat & stick powder
3. heat it using your heat gun
4. sprinkle with dazzling diamonds
5. heat it again with your heat gun
6. punch out your egg with your oval punch

I also used this technique for the matte behind the sentiment and for all the edges of the card.

Well Scripted Stamp Set 117072

Kaleidoscope DSP 115680

Wide Oval Punch 112082

Scallop Oval Punch 107305

Large Oval Punch 107305

Heat & Stick Powder 100625

Dazzling Diamonds 102023

Heat Tool 100005

Filigree Brads 112577

White Organza Ribbon 114319

6 comments:

Carol<><

very pretty!
Carol<><

Shanda Stirk

Gorgeous Card Marlene! Laying on the glitter and then punching - looks fabulous. Your layout is so intricate and pretty! Thanks for playing with us at Stampin' Royalty.

Sabriena Satchwell An Independent Stampin' Up!® Demonstrator

When I saw you post this card right away I thought... How did she know this weeks challenge was going to be glitter? It looks awesome! I love all the dimentions to your card and thanks for the directions to make the glitter eggs. I am going to have to try that I would have never thought of making my DSP glitterly. - Apparently I have a hard time thinking outside the box ;-) Ohh I love this card it is so pretty! As always thanks so much for playing along with us week at Stampin’ Royalty.

Angela McKay, Stampin' Up Demonstrator, #1 Rising Star Canada 2008/2009

AMAZING job Marlene! I always love seeing what new creative way you are going to have to change up an idea! I've never put glitter on DSP and now I've GOT to do it! Thanks again for playing with us at Stampin' Royalty!

Sarah Newman

Very pretty! I love the idea of using the DSP with the glitter! As always, your cards are beautiful! Thanks for playing along with us at Stampin' Royalty!

Sandra Farrell

Great work as always Marlene. One of these days we will meet again in person. Thanks for playing with us again!

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I always appreciate feedback!