CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Messages For Mom

I made this card using the Sketch from the Sweetest Thing Sketch Challenge 63. Karen Giron always has beautiful cards and great sketches and occasionally I get the chance to play along. Here is the sketch for this week. I turned it on it's side for this card.



I tried a technique that I have seen a few times but have not had the chance to try it out yet. Emboss resist. I was reminded of it once again at my team meeting and figured now it was time to give it a go. I only embossed the bottom third of the image though (with clear embossing powder) and inked up the top 2 thirds to create a bit of a different look. It takes a lot of sponging to bring out the image afterwards but I like how it turned out. Let me know what you think!

Messages For Mom Stamp Set 117016

Sweet Pea Paper Stack117161

Hugs Notes 118778

Chocolate Chip 5/8" Grosgrain Ribbon 109051

Linen Thread 104199

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I always appreciate feedback!