CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, February 19, 2010

My Manly Card.

Stampin' Royalty #7, A Masculine Card!

It was such a change making this card. I didn't have to worry about getting my images dirty with the ink on my fingers. (Oh, let me count the number of times I have had to redo something because I messed it up with my dirty fingers.) I made this card specifically with my man in mind. His hands are always black and dirty. Even after ha has washed them! Everything he touches is black and dirty. And so this card will be black and dirty when he touches it but you and I will never know because that is the way I made it to be!!! Instead of gently sponging the edges for a soft feel, I literally smeared them with black ink to be rough and dirty looking.


Plus a little metal is just the thing for my guy. I created the textured metal look by wrapping a piece of cardstock with tin foil and then sending it through my Big Shot on a texture plate. This is a fun technique.

5 comments:

Angela McKay, Stampin' Up Demonstrator, #1 Rising Star Canada 2008/2009

GORGEOUS card Marlene! I love the way this technique turned out... every time I come to your blog I have to try something new! Thanks for the inspiration!
PS I totally get the dirty hands things being married to a firefighter/ mechanic!
Thanks for playing at Stampin' Royalty!

alittlelessuseless

This is so cute love the tin foil technique what a great idea

Sandra Farrell

Oh Marlene - you are so talented. Thanks for playing with us again this week.

Sabriena Satchwell An Independent Stampin' Up!® Demonstrator

WOW!!!! Another amazing card! I love that you used tin foil.. You are just too creative!
Thanks for playing with us this week at Stampin’ Royalty!

Sarah Newman

I love it! I love your stuff- every week you challenge us to try something new! Thanks for playing with us at Stampin' Royalty this week!

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I always appreciate feedback!