CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, December 12, 2009

Technique For Sunday

Tryptch Trio is the name of this set in the catalogue. From the first time I saw this set it figured it needed some sort of special technique to make it stand out. The technique I've used here is called the Faux Stain Glass Technique. Sounds harder than it is to actually do.
Here are the steps...

1. Versa Mark image on vellum

2. Sprinkle on black embossing powder (you could use silver or gold too)

3. Heat using a heat gun

4. Flip your vellum over and using Stampin' Up markers color in your image

5. Turn it over and cut out your image

6. Mount it to whatever background color you like. In this case I wanted the wrapped baby Jesus to remain white so that is the color I chose.

1 comments:

Sabriena Satchwell An Independent Stampin' Up!® Demonstrator

Cool! I never knew that technique was that easy!
:-)

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I always appreciate feedback!